Sunday, February 1, 2015
Week 4
This is a very busy week. Particularly due to the first assignment. From assignment, more than just learning the difference between __str__ and __repr__, how to use subclass After the first assignment, I start to realize how easy CSC108 was last year because 148 is completely a new level of programming. In CSC108, when we write program, we were almost given anything that we need. We were given the program outlines, starting codes, what kind of function we need, doc-string, examples, and instructors even completed all the programs codes. Basically, in CSC108, we don' need to think how to start a task, or where to start. We don't need to think what is needed for this program to be successful, or learning how to carefully plan step by step to solve the problems. All we need to do in 108 is just finish the uncompleted codes for most time, I myself without even thinking why is it needed or what is it related to the other functions or overall program. In 148, everything changes. For the first assignment, we are only given a instruction of program, without any starting codes, plan, examples, functions provided. I felt overwhelmed at first after been spoiled so much in 108. I spent much more time on thinking overall and planning than the time I spent on actually writing the codes. I can't remember how many times I've completely delete what I've done and re-start just because something I didn't think carefully at beginning. In CSC108, I barely read assignment instruction, I just download the starting codes and mechanically completed the codes, In 148, it involves more creativity, and our own way of planning and thinking. More challenging thing is that, this assignment is merely a starting for the next two assignments, which means that we have to make sure that when we continue next time, the additional class or codes must comfort with the one we are writing right now, we need to make the code to be as flexible as possible and meanwhile, it must be easy amend in future time. We need to build a structure that we might use in the next two assignment. Some nights, I even thinking about the assignment even when I'm sleeping. Of course, when I finish the program finally, it yields more satisfaction and I'm very looking forward to the next assignment as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment