Friday, April 3, 2015

SOME RETROSPECTION

I have to say that I didn't expect writing Slog actually could help me at the beginning of the semester. However, due to the TA strikes, weekly Slog actually helps me to keep things up-to-date. Every weekend, when I about to write slog, I have to go through the lecture notes and looking for some topic that I should write about, and also I have to do some coding to make sure what's going on. Below is a list of things that I've looked back during the semester:

I personally never find trace recursion is difficult as long as be patient and organized , but writing a recursive function is still a big problem to me. When I writing recursion, I'm only doing it mechanically (all other examples are doing this at the step, so we should do it too), it basically follows my intuition and when I finish the coding, I run the doc test and few examples. If I'm lucky, I might be right at beginning and never feel fully confident when I finish the code (Always thinking about lets try this code to see if it works, then I may find the problem needed to be fixed it later)

However, I still learned some receipts for writing some specific codes. Such as drawing a diagram to start for recursive codes.Diagram doesn't necessary to be complex examples, but starts with easy one.With the help of diagram, I can break the big coding into small pieces for better analysis. Not only the diagram helps to writing codes but also help me to write better codes with less running time because with the diagram, I can see clearly which steps has been taken during the coding, and what is redundant steps that we can avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment